Sunday, April 16, 2006

A Sushi Filled Day to Remember

Just when you think the below pictures are taken at a Japanese restaurant, hah, think again! Which restaurant actually serves you sake sushi topped with mayo and tonnes of ebiko, Ebiko sushi showered with Sakura powder, or even such colourful & tantalizing onigiris?

The day started with Usagi and I making our earliest round of grocery shopping at One Utama, Jaya Jusco. We were pre- stocked with Japanese rice, onigiri powder, seaweeds, QP mayo and vinegar before that day, thankfully shortening down our shop list. Then again, afraid that we might run into insufficiency, we bought more seaweeds and vinegar, besides settling down on some crab filamens, fresh ebiko, slices of salmon sashimi and sakura powder. My oh my, the cost of this kitchen activity is way over the amount I expected. But it was all worth it!

We cooked the rice and mixed in the vinegar, sugar & salt. We tasted the rice so often to make sure the taste was just right, that I was probably 1/4 full by then. Later on, due to my noobiness in rolling and shaping the rice, I ended up having both my hands covered in sticky rice. I then had to lick my fingers clean *cough* (I washed my hands right after ok!). Usagi did most of the rolling while I was trying to make myself look busy hehe :p

Before you guys start drolling all over your keyboards, let me tell you that our sushi beats Sushi King, Genki Sushi or any other sushi parlour around town, hands down! :D So for any of you who are dying to try some delicious & authentic sushi, drop by and remember to bring along all the necessary ingredients :p


For now, enjoy these mouth-watering pictures haha! Thanks to those who were able to try some of em, you are the lucky ones :)










Comments:
hands down???
nyan~~~
><"
 
Okie...send us cash advance for ingredients and freight charges haha. We also do not guarantee the freshness of the package at the point of delivery..
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?