Saturday, October 08, 2005

The Shortest Yard

As long as it may be told, I don't see how long The Longest Yard actually is (except for the bald convict with a HUGE shlong). This said probably due to the I-want-more impression I got from the movie. A show that has been on screen for the past few weeks, I never thought I would have the chance to see it or even bothered seeing it...until.....Kok Hoe made a last minute offer (Chuei May did the bookings). Bubucaca did ask for my contribution to some charity thingy whereby I'll get to watch the early preview of this movie, with the presence of Amber Chia (not that I think she's REALLY hot anyway).

Usagi and I rushed to collect the tickets, purchased the movie deal package (RM50) which comes with 7 tickets and 7 soft drink vouchers , very cost-saving indeed if you ask me. Having no idea what the movie is, except that it's a comedy flick and features Adam Sandler, I reckon it should be up to par. Considering the fact that looking at Adam alone is entertaining enough (Okay, don't get me wrong. I am straight).

Like any other field sports movies, The Longest Yard is somewhat similar to Shaolin Soccer. It speaks the formation of a football team IN prison (yeah how cool is that? instead of sodomizing each other teehee :p), to battle against the guards. Basically a clash of the titans at the very end. Adam (Paul Crewe), an ex-NFL quarterback played his character well by leading his team to victory (yesss...the underdogs tend to win in every movie!) after various incidents of hardship and ugh....butt spanking....with a hat o.O, despite the script's mix of cynicism and sentiment.

A quick memory recap brings me to the huge-belly-man, gigantic ping-pong soloist, guy who carries bench weights, bunch of sexy-men, gay guy in disguise, horny secretary, street rappers, Caretaker, estrogen man, Unger, Mcdonalds' supplier and many more. Look at the list, probably one of the shows with so many 'heroes', so how can it not be funny?

If you think it ain't worth your watch. Think again. I laughed so much throughout the entire show, it indeed rocked my boat, hard.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?