Sunday, September 18, 2005

My Graduation Day




What seemed to be my dream four years ago finally came true. Nothing much I can say about this dream of mine except that everything went in a flash, leaving behind vivid memories of friends and lecturers. My '7-months-after-my-completion-of-studies' graduation ceremony wasn't something I was eagerly looking forward to, due to the fact that it is scheduled so damn late! Nonetheless, I was rather excited on the day itself (Sept 17, 2005).

Having it at Sunway Lagoon Resort was something to be proud of (for myself), not to mention the nice setting and preparations done. I felt like I was in Melbourne once again, after seeing so many aussies congregating at an event. They came here to manage the entire function, together with souvenirs, graduation robes, photographers, lecturers and props.

I reckon, that was the only time I was able to meet most of my uni mates after soooo long, and I strongly hope that there's a chance in the near future to meet again *fingers crossed* Can't blame anyone since everyone has a hectic work life, with lots of commitments and are stationed at various states.

Anyways, everything went smoothly, with a few surprises in between. A graduan with a terribly long name which goes like Kosmapatabendige Sandun Lakmika Dalpatadu gave the m.c a pretty hard time while we, the audience giggled away. Another attempt to humiliation caught my eye, when a female graduan who was in the midst of tripping over our Chancellor, managed to secure and balance herself after a few faulty steps.

All in all, it was a wonderful day with splendid possession of planning, and definitely a bookmark in my life.


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?